Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sharing My Faith Sunday

Share My Faith Sunday



When I was first grappling with the idea that I might be gay, I worried so much. Would my friends still love me?Would my family accept me? What in the world would I tell my son? The one thing I never questioned was my faith.

I am a beloved child of God. I am exactly as God created me. He loves me and wants for me to be happy.My God is a compassionate, loving, and grace-granting God. Gay, straight, queer, black, white, brown, short, tall, fat, thin. All are good and beautiful in God's eyes. Our names are written on his heart.  He knew my soul before I was in my mother's womb. He loves me, scars and all.

Regardless of anything else.Exactly who you are is exactly how God loves you. And YOU are a beloved child of God.

Resources on Queerness and Christianity:

Websites:

The Gay Christian Network

Whosoever Magazine

Believe Outloud

Crumbs from the Communion Table

Gay Christian 101

Gay Christian? Yes.

 Institute for Welcoming Resources

Soulfource

Friends and Family Plan (Great resource in planning conversations about sexuality and Christianity)

Reading Material









Denomination Specific Organizations:

Evangelicals Concerned

Affirmation Gay & Lesbian Mormons

Affirmation United Methodist LGBTQ People & Our Allies

Dignity USA Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Transgender Catholics

Integrity USA (Episcopalian)

Reconciling Works, Lutherans for Full Participation

Metropolitan Community Churches

More Light Presbyterians

Rainbow Baptists

Quaker For Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns

United Church of Christ LGBT and Same Gender Loving Ministries

Unitarian Universalist Association



Also linked up with:
Heavens Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate All Pages