The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined.
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Begin Date: April 4, 2013 End Date: December 31, 2015
Items Completed: 8/101 Items Not Completed:
Blue indicates a completed item Greenindicate an item that is in progress
Redindicates a non-completed (i.e. failed!) item
– + – + – + – + –
1. Have a garage sale 2. Get my savings account up to $1,000 (6/30/2013) 3. Learn to bake something new (Oopsie Bread) 4. De-clutter the kitchen 5. De-clutter living room 6. De-clutter our bedroom 7. Sort through clothes and donate what we don't wear 8. No take-out food for 30 days (3/31/2013 through 4/30/2013) 9. Touch up the paint that Riley scratched up in the bathroom 10. Paint the living room 11. Refinish the kitchen cabinets (either repaint or paint a new color) 12. Plant a garden 13. Clean up and redesign the backyard (8/2013) 14. Try 10 new recipes * Chicken Lazone 4/8/2013 * Oven Baked Whole Chicken 4/24/2013 * Chicken Bacon Chowder 5/5/2013 * Pepper Rubbed Pork Chops 5/9/2013 * Balsamic Garlic Pot Roast 5/18/2013 15. Refinish a piece of furniture 16. Take an upholstery class 17. Buy 3 new pieces of art 18. Try 10 new teas * Teavana's Sweet Fruit Garden 4/12/2013 * Teavana's Cherry Pomegranate Crush 4/20/2013 * Good Earth Wild Chaild 1/10/201 19. Buy a car 20. Complete 3 knitting projects and 3 embroidery projects
21. Write down the lyrics to all the songs Grandma and I used to sing in the car together 22. Have a family portrait taken (6/23/2013) 23. Start a calendar of family/friends birthdays and send cards 24. Take Ash out for a nice dinner at a nice restaurant, just him and I 25. In the winter, find a hotel with a great swimming pool or water park and spend the night there as a family 26. Take Ash camping 27. Get Married (8/24/2013) 28. Go To Montana (7/4 - 7/7/2013) 29. Get “relationship documents” notarized and sealed 30. Make a coffee/happy hour date with three friends and keep it 31. Host game night at our house 5 times *Cards Against Humanity 4/7/2013 32. Take a romantic weekend trip with Wendy 33. Go on a honeymoon 34. Go on a family vacation 35. Rent a cabin for a weekend 36. Go to the drive-in movies 37. Send out wedding thank you notes within three months of wedding. 10/31/14
38. Volunteer with three new organizations * Feed My Starving Children 1/10/14 39. Write a letter to a business commending them when I have received excellent customer service 40. Finish Wendy’s t-shirt quilt 41. Use one of my “Date Night” sticks a month for a year 42. Enter something in the State Fair 43. Make a new friend
44. See the ocean 45. Go to a wine tasting at a local vineyard 46. Get a passport 47. Go on a solo camping road trip 48. Ride on a motorcycle 49. See a burlesque show 50. Make a quilt 51. Take 3 community education classes * Pottery 4/9/2013
52. Go to the State Fair for my annual “solo day”. 53. Visit 10 businesses in Minneapolis 1. Burger Jones 4/5/2013 2. Busters on 38th 6/2013 3. The Lowbrow 9/201354. Have a professional “spa day”. 55. Go on one “day-hike” (4+ hours) 56. Go on one “overnight hike” to a “hike in site” at a State Park 57. Go canoeing 58. Go fishing (9/15/2013) 59. See 2 plays/musicals 60. See 4 concerts/shows *Boyz To Men, NKOTB 7/21/2013 *Macklemore 9/2013 61. Complete 5 “Pinterest Crafts” 62. Travel outside the U.S. 63. Ride a roller coaster! 64. Finally read all of the Harry Potter books 65. Finally watch all of the Harry Potter movies. 66. Go to Cosmic Bingo at Mystic 67. Go to Las Vegas for Jenni’s birthday and our pre-wedding decompression trip (6/7-6/9/2013) 68. Spend the night in a yurt 69. Wear makeup every day for an entire month! 70. Visit 5 new museums 71. Go to the Minnesota Arboretum 72. Have a ridiculously expensive meal 73. Go to Canvas and Cocktails 74. Take a cooking class 75. Ride A Train
PERSONAL GROWTH & HEALTH
76. Quit smoking for GOOD. Only counts after I've made it six months without a single cigarette. (Quit day 10/21/2013) 77. Get a manicure6/4/2014 78. Build a functional piece of furniture for our house 79. Answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind" 80. Take a one week internet hiatus 81. Develop a personal mission statement 82.Finish my dental work 8/22/2014 83. Cardio 3 nights a week for two months 84. Lift weights 3 nights a week for two months 85. Get a new tattoo (Semicolon, Mother's Day 2013) 86. Update blog twice a week for six months 87. Take a walk every day for a month 88. Take a yoga class (BigASS Yoga!, July 2013) 89. Read 28 books in 2013 90. Go to Church every Sunday for a month 91. Keep a gratitude journal every night for one month 92. Pray every morning for one month 93. Meditate daily for one month 94. Get a massage 95. By myself flowers once a week for three months 96. Try 5 new vegetables *Avocado *Brussels Sprouts *Spaghetti Squash 97. Re-read The Four Agreements 98. Do 37 Acts of Kindness on my 37th Birthday 99. Take a Zumba class 100. Complete the 200 Sit-Ups challenge
101 in 1001 Related
101. Put $5 in savings every time I complete one item