Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sharing My Faith Sunday

Share My Faith Sunday

A number of new readers have been around lately. Hello, new readers.  And a number of them are from the blogosphere. While reading through blogs, it seems that Christian women are truly drawn to blogging. Or maybe it is just the circles that I follow. Very, very rarely however do I find women like myself. A gay Christian. Really. We do exist. And we are real Christians.

I do not want to argue theology or biblical history or scripture translation with anyone. Instead, I want to open up a dialogue about how we as Christians can accept and encourage one another, just as members of different denominations are learning to unite in their similarities, instead of being drawn apart by their differences.

So, today, I want to share some of my favorite bible verses. These verses sustain me, encourage me, give me hope. And I hope they can do the same for you.

Grace

For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it — the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus- Romans 3:20-24 

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.-
1 Peter 4:8 


Beloved Child of God

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. - Psalm 139:14

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations. -Jeremiah 1:5

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.- Romans 8:28

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -John 1:12


Above all Love

"Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. - 1 John 4:7-8

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.- John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate All Pages