Monday, November 18, 2013

Family Friend Low-Carb Part 2: Meatloaf Muffins


The first time that we started eating Keto, I was at a complete loss for dinner ideas.  We ate lots of chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, hamburger “steaks”, and spinach salads. We started trying recipes that we found on Pinterest and all over the internet. Though we learned quickly that just because someone lists something as Keto-friendly or low-carb, does not guarantee that the recipe is. Check the nutritional info. Let my mistake be your lesson!

Being a creature of habit, I tend to stick with a pretty simple breakfast and lunch routine. Usually some sort of veggie and egg scramble when I wake up and a spinach salad around lunchtime. Throughout the day I will munch on cheese or almonds if I find myself getting snacky. But dinner. Oy dinner.

And so, the “week of Low-Carb/High-Fat Dinners” has been inspired.


meatloaf

Meatloaf Muffins


Servings: 12 muffins
Fat: 21 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
 Protein: 19 g


  • 2 lbs Ground Beef
  • 3 Eggs
  • 2 Pieces of Raw Bacon, Cut Very Finely
  • 1 cup Parmesan (Use the shaker kind. This is your binder.)
  • 8oz Tomato Paste
  • 3 Tbs Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbs Onion Powder
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
  • 4 Cloves Minced Garlic

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients well. Divide into muffin tin. (I’m a bit finicky about things like this and weighed my entire recipe out, 1200 g. So each muffin tin got 100 g.) Bake. 25-35 minutes You’ll want to check the internal temp of the muffins. It should be at 160+. Allow muffins to rest for ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate All Pages