Meet Joni from Blue Cats and Roses!
I got the honor of meeting her through the Chaotic Goddess Swaps Guest Post Swap. Her blog is lovely and refreshing and inspirational. When we first connected to plan our guest posts, I was a little scared because we are so very different. And we talked a bit about those differences and I realized that the blogworld is such an amazing place. God gives us so much grace and so many opportunities to show that grace to others. In the end, we decided to go with a recipe post. Those are pretty simple, don’t require a ton of planning or fanciness. And everyone has to eat right? Right! So, I’ll hand it over to Joni.
In our house we are very busy all of the time and eating healthy is not always the easiest thing for us to do. During the week when Joseph is not home, it is usually just me here at the house. If you have ever tried to cook for one person, you understand how challenging this can be.
Besides working full-time, I also go to school full-time which means cooking is the last thing on my mind so I try to come up with recipes that are quick, simply, easy and at least some version of healthy. I also don’t like wasting food so I try to incorporate any leftovers we have into whatever I am eating.
Joni’s Tuna Salad on Garlic Toast
- 1 pouch of Tuna (can would work also if that’s what you like)
- ¼ Green bell pepper, cut into small bites
- ¼ Red bell pepper, cut into small bites
- ¼ onion (whatever kind you like – I used yellow and also 1 scallion – love onion)
- 2 T. Mayo or Miracle Whip (again personal choice here)
- Salt & pepper (to your liking)
- Leftover Garlic Toast with some melted cheddar cheese
Put desired amount of shredded cheese onto bread and pop into the oven until cheese is melted.
While your cheese is melting, cut up onions and bell peppers and place into a bowl.