Friday, October 11, 2013

The Long Awaited Wedding Re-cap

And what perfect timing. Today is National Coming Out Day. Obviously, since this is a post full of pictures of our beautiful wedding, I'm "out", "jumping around outside the closet door folding rainbow origami flowers out". But maybe someone will see this, someone who isn't out, who hasn't felt safe, who is still questioning if coming into who you truly are is worth the pain and stress. The day that I sat at a table surrounded by a group of strangers in a therapy group and for the first time said, "I'm gay" was the day that I finally started to come into an authentic life. All I can say to you, darling Sisters and Brothers, is YES. Oh, God, Yes. It is worth it.
(Will update with a new photo gallery shortly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate All Pages