Thursday, December 5, 2013

Currently

The beautiful ladies over at Harvesting Kale and Ot and Et host a cute little quicky of a link-up that I've been wanting to join in on for a few weeks now, but never seem to get around to it. And I finally caught it today! Hooray!



 This weeks themes: Loving, Wishing, Moving, Riding, Needing 

I am currently LOVING our new Canon EOS Rebel T3 camera. With just a few quick tutorials on the web and reading through the manual, I am taking pictures that are more interesting than anything I have ever taken before and I'm actually enjoying photography again. In fact, I'm enjoying it so much that I'm considering changing one of my classes for next semester to a digital photography class.

The Boy is currently WISHING that the snow would keep falling all night long. They had a late start today, which pushed his normal waking time two hours later. At 16 years old, the kid would sleep all the time if he could.

Currently, we seem to always be MOVING our furniture around. I added a new love seat and an oversize chair to our living room set about six months ago. I have always wanted a "chair and a half" that I can sink into to read books and drink tea. Since I brought the chair and love seat home, I have only sat in the chair to tie my shoes. The two pieces are also significantly larger than the pieces they replaced. When I drug the Christmas tree out of storage, we realized that we don't really have enough room anymore.

I am currently RIDING the wave of a bit of holiday excitement and feeling pretty good, mood-wise, which is certainly nice, but makes me worry a bit that the wave is going to fall. For right now, I'll just keep surfing.

I am currently NEEDING a haircut! The Wife just had her hair cut last weekend and it's finally starting to look the way she likes it to look. My hair? Still soccer mom, boring, frumpy old me. I think about cutting it all off, but then I remember that every time I do, I regret it. So, I'm pondering and gawking at photos of adorable styles on Pinterest.


 Next weeks themes: enjoying // buying // forgetting // drinking // anticipating

2 comments:

  1. My son is 23 and he still wishes for snow days. Come to think of it...don't we all?
    Lovely post, glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me! Sometimes I wonder if fate comes about in strange ways. My God son is turning 18 this year and was born with Down syndrome. His mom has struggled for some time with how to navigate and negotiate the world of parenting this awesome kid as he becomes a legal adult. I will most definitely be passing on your website, and reading along myself!

      Delete

nRelate All Pages