Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 Blogger Challenge #2: Skin Care


This time of year, specifically if you live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota, skin care tends to come up in the forefront of your mind. Moisture!  It runs from me. It vexes me. And it must be mine! 

For someone with extremely acne prone skin, like me, it becomes a constant war. Right now, my facial skin care routine works about 90 percent of the time, which is the best results I have had in my SCHMIRTY SCHMIX years of life. Obviously, there is room for improvement, but I'm just not up for changing it up right now. 

I've always found cleansers to be far too drying for my skin.  For many years, I used Noxema because it was a good old fashioned cold cream. But it also triggered my acne horribly. I discovered Olay Wet Cleansing Cloths a few years back and I adore them. They get my skin clean, but I never feel like they have thrown off the pH or the oil balance of my skin.


Growing up, we didn't have health insurance. So the idea of visiting a dermatologist about my worsening skin was something that my family never considered. Now that I'm an adult and I am privileged enough to have awesome insurance, I got some prescriptions to try to get a handle on my acne. And it's definitely better than it used to be. I use clindamycin phosphate in the morning and tretinoin gel at bedtime. 



And another Olay product for a moisturizer! I hate to sound like an Olay advertisement, but they are truly the only products that don't irritate my skin. I use the Olay Complete all-day UV moisturizer for sensitive skin with SPF 15. 









4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! My mom SWEARS by that Olay moisturizer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too used Noxzema for many many years ever since I was about 12 years old... Although, it didn't bring out any acne in me I just found that as I got older my face started to get redder and it was time to find something to help that. The outcome... Still looking!

    Amanda @ The Mommy Mix

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat as Amanda.. Red, that and I'm wicked prone to freckling and dark spots under my eyes. Haven't quite found anything yet that combats all three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very happy that I found this website. I want to to thank you for this excellent information!! looks like a pretty good product . thanks for the giveaway and review! :)
    skin care.

    ReplyDelete

nRelate All Pages