Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Keto No More

I stopped Keto. Long story short, it was leading to very, very disordered eating patterns for me. I was thinking about nothing but food and eating. I was obsessing. And panicking when I 'screwed up'. It was no longer healthy eating and whole food choices. It had become about controlling my body and my world. I don't want to go into it much beyond that, because it starts getting too personal. I have managed to stabilize my weight again, and am going to start working on being more active again.

I've been going to a weekly yoga class to help myself learn to be more comfortable in my body again. I adore yoga. I never thought that it would be something I would enjoy, but I am taking a class that is designed for larger bodied folks and it is so wonderful. I leave feeling strong and challenged and relaxed.

We're 32 days out from the wedding and getting so excited. All of the tiny details are complete and we just have some last minute things that need to be taken care of. Unfortunately, the nerves and stress has also gotten to me and I started smoking again. But I also have a prescription waiting for me at the pharmacy to get rid of that little issue again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate All Pages